Paul believes we need more good paying jobs. When people have jobs, they are able to provide for their families and are more closely connected to the community. Paul has fought for improvements in infrastructure, tourism, and economic development.
- Passed legislation to allow rural Alabama counties to participate in the Rural Assistance Match Program which provided millions of dollars of infrastructure improvements to the district. (SB192, 2013)
- Passed legislation to further define a compensable week for unemployment benefits. (SB300, 2012)
- Passed the Pharmacy Audit Integrity Act, which established uniform standards and criteria for audit of pharmacy records. (SB383, 2012)
- Passed legislation to extend the corporate limits of the City of Cullman. (SB462, 2012)
- Passed legislation to create the Office of Secretary of Information Technology within State Government as the principal advisor to the Governor on information technology policy. (SB117, 2013)
- Passed legislation to specify the circumstances under which the unemployment compensation account for employers may be charged for overpayment of benefits. (SB201, 2013)